Embark LLC is a professional event management and consulting company with offices in Los Angeles, London, Chicago, and North Carolina. Through our affiliation with Clarion Events Ltd. of London we offer a worldwide network of clients, partners and suppliers including offices in Brazil, United Arab Emirates, Singapore, Amsterdam, Germany, United Kingdom and South Africa.
Organizers, Event and Security Professionals representing:
Event Planning Professionals and Providers will learn practical, hands-on skills from leading professionals in the fields of:
The Forum will conclude with an “Insider Security Briefing” from officials of the Department of Homeland Security and a closing Networking Reception.
Senior Vice President & Managing Director, Strategic Security,
Public Affairs & Strategic Communications,
Jascula Terman and Associates
Superintendent of Police,
Chicago Police Department
3 Mile Lakefront Run or Walk with a Chicago professional athlete.
Welcome & Keynote
Welcome from the City of Chicago
Mayor’s Office Representative
Garry McCarthy – Superintendent, Chicago Police Department
Tom Kasza – Hillard Heintz
Insurance and Legal Implications
Contract Tips for Rights Holders, Venues and Properties
Organizer and Supplier Liability during and after a disaster
Event Insurance Options
Moderator: Tom Kasza
Legal Expert: Barbara Dunn, Attorney, Barnes & Thornburg LLP
Developing an Operational Security Management and Strategic Crisis Communications Plan
– G. Michael Verden of Hillard Heintze will lead a discussion on developing and implementing an effective event security plan. Mr. Verden’s presentation will address Logistics Support; Secure Transportation; Credentialing and Background Screening; Personal Protection; Event, Meeting and Facility Security; Facilitation and Liaison with Federal and Local Agencies; Technical Countermeasure Sweeps; Social Media Monitoring; and Advanced, Highly Secure, Short-Term IT and Communications strategies.
– Richard Jasculca of Jasculca Terman Strategic Communications will lead a session on the key elements necessary for an appropriate strategic event communications plan.
– These presentations will be followed by scenario-based training during an interactive audience exercise to demonstrate how to test the effectiveness of the plan.
Luncheon/Keynote – Lessons Learned from the Boston Marathon Tragedy
Commissioner Bill Davis – Boston Police Department (invited)
Carey Pinknowski, Director of Chicago Marathon (invited)
Panel – Event Security Challenges and Coordinating Assets
– Chicago Police Department – Special Events Unit
– Frank Benedetto , Special Agent in Charge (SAIC) of the United States Secret Service Chicago Field Office
– Venue Manager – TBD
– Event Manager – TBD
– Moderator: Arnette Heintze, CEO, Hillard Heintz
The Future of Emergency Management
Access Controls – What’s on the Horizon?
Advanced Credentialing Techniques – What’s Next?
Mobile Video Systems – More than just Surveillance
Social Media as a Tool for Security
2-Way and Wireless Communications – New Products and New Capabilities
An “Insider” Security Briefing
– TBD – Dept. of Homeland Security – Commercial Facilities (CF) Sector Specific Agency (SSA)
Copyright 2013 Embark, LLC | All Rights Reserved